Statutory Assessment Information – Year 2
Children in Year 2 will be taking part in Statutory Assessment this year. This will take place in May 2022.
As well as teacher assessment, the children will be sitting Standard Assessment Tests (SATs) in Reading and Maths. The Key Stage 1 tests are designed to assess the pupils’ knowledge and understanding of what they have been taught in Year 1 and Year 2. The tests will be used as part of evidence for teacher assessment at the end of the Key Stage.
· English reading Paper 1: combined reading prompt and answer booklet
· English reading Paper 2: reading booklet and answer booklet
· Mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic
· Mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
The children will see examples of questions from previous test papers in class and we will ensure that the children are prepared to sit the tests in May.
How can you support your child at home?
· Listen to your child read their school reading and library book at home regularly throughout the week
· If your child is not already a member of a local library you can find out more about Leeds Library Service at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/libraries/joining-the-library
· Help your child to practise their weekly spellings that are sent home on a Friday
· Remind your child to complete their weekly Mathletics tasks and do extra Mathletics practise to earn their weekly Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
Please do not do ask your child to do practise papers at home. This will not give teachers a true picture of what a child can do when they attempt questions in school if they have already seen them before at home.
If you have any questions about the KS1 SATs please speak to Mrs Howarth or Mrs Wood.